Recent student & faculty news
The Department of Writing and Linguistics is pleased to announce recent student news:
- Writing and Linguistics major Aleyna Rentz’s story, “Girls on Hands and Knees,” has been accepted for publication by Hobart.
- Writing and Linguistics major Genevieve Dietz has new work appearing in Polychrome Ink.
- The 2016 Honors @ Georgia Southern magazine features multiple Writing and Linguistics majors and alums, including Cassie and Kate Beasley, Aleyna Rentz, Devan Pride, Kristin Flippo, and Maggie DeLisle.
And faculty news:
- Dr. Lori Amy is featured in a Faculty Spotlight.
- Dr. Lisa A. Costello helped pilot a new digital resource housed at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM), which goes live nationally December 2016. Georgia Southern is one of approximately 20 universities nationally that are participating in this pilot project and Dr. Costello was chosen competitively to be amongst the initial trial group of six teaching faculty from across the nation.
- Professor Drew Keane analyzes the lyrics of “No Flocking” by Kodak Black in a feature from The George-Anne.
The Department of Writing and Linguistics is housed in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Georgia Southern’s College of the Creative Mind. CLASS prepares its students to achieve academic excellence, develop their analytical skills, enhance their creativity, and embrace their responsibilities as citizens of their communities, nations, and world.
Posted in Alumni and Majors, Faculty News, News