Worksheet 1 Key
1. Our new dog has just torn the entire Sunday paper to shreds.
2. The judges of the class song contest havenít chosen a winning entry.
3. Until 1875, no one had ever successfully swum the English Channel.
4. The temperature has risen twenty-one degrees since six a.m.
5. Mother has frozen quarts and quarts of blueberries for the winter.
6. My new watchstrap has broken after just four days.
7. Mattie Vernon has stolen more bases than any other player.
8. Several English sovereigns have never actually worn the crown of England.
9. According to the last election returns, Mayor Smithís lead over his opponent has shrunk to only a few hundred votes.
10. Tenors have almost always sung the heroesí roles in opera.
11. The Tigers have sworn revenge against the Spartans in their return match.
12. Davy Crockett began his political career at the age of thirty.
13. The coach has spoken to our parents and obtained their permission for our overnight stay in Westfield.
14. Mel has thrown the shot more than forty feet.
15. Oh, Iíve torn my new skirt.
16. Caroline is the most selfish person I have ever known.
17. At the warning bell, all the students began to pick up paper scraps.
18. Has an American ever run the mile in less than four minutes?
19. When the bell had rung three times, we knew we were to be dismissed from school.
20. Our puppy has grown eight inches in the last two months.
21. Have you written the sense-impression composition for English?
22. The oriole has stolen some string from the garden for its nest.
23. I donít think the wind has ever blown harder than it did during last Augustís hurricane.
24. Have you ever worn wool next to your skin?
25. Many cities have arisen on the ruins of Homerís Troy.
Home | Handouts and Worksheets
Advice | Bibliography Formats |
Regents Exam | Videos | Dept. of Writing and Linguistics | GSU | Links
This page is maintained by the Georgia
Southern University Writing Center
Please send comments and corrections to the webmaster.
This page last updated on 1/30/03