Sentence Parts Worksheet 1
all subjects, verbs, direct objects and complements.
1. All bills on
appropriation must originate in the House of Representatives.
2. The great forests of the South and Northwest supply most of the
nationís lumber needs and provide many jobs.
3. Most small airports are expanding to accommodate the new models of small
jets, but several large airports cannot expand any farther.
Interstate bus drivers undergo months of on-the-job training, pass
rigorous physical examinations, and take elaborate tests on
the regulations of
the Interstate Commerce Commission.
5. The levees of the Mississippi River must be inspected frequently; any
repair work must be completed before
the annual spring floods.
6. Ocean beaches depend upon such sparse vegetation as sea oats to prevent
wind erosion; consequently, people should not pick plants near the sea for
Acting for the United States, Secretary of State William H. Seward
purchased Alaska in 1867.
8. Technological advancements with microwaves have revolutionized
9. Clouds are composed of minute particles of water or ice.
10. The cloudberry, a yellowish-orange fruit of a creeping plant, is edible.
Home | Handouts and Worksheets
Advice | Bibliography Formats |
Regents Exam | Videos | Dept. of Writing and Linguistics | GSU | Links
This page is maintained by the Georgia
Southern University Writing Center
Please send comments and corrections to the webmaster.
This page last updated on 1/23/03