Pronoun/Antecedent Worksheet 1
Underline the antecedent for the underlined pronoun in each sentence. If the pronoun has no antecedent, write “no antecedent”; if the antecedent is not clear, write “not clear”.
Example: The boy wore his yellow raincoat.
1. Everyone at the party enjoyed her evening.
2. The car has a leak in its transmission.
3. Wearing a hat when it snows is wise.
4. More and more physicians are beginning to look not just for illnesses but also for patients’ habits with long-term health implications. This is definite progress.
5. The cow twitched its tail at the fly.
6. Someone from the circus led the injured horse out of the ring.
7. I go to Hockey Homeland every Tuesday to watch them practice.
8. My aunt asked me to catch her dog.
9. The audience clapped its hands.
10. The audience applauded her performance.
11. The student used her pen to write in her notebook; then she put it away.
12. The hostages have been free for months, but some have not yet recovered from the experience.
13. Ed Blaker promoted Bill this morning; he will go on the Washington trip next week.
14. During winter snowstorms, the sparrows depend on our feeder for their food.
15. The rain continued to fall, and the mud grew deeper until it finally stopped.
Home | Handouts and Worksheets
Advice | Bibliography Formats |
Regents Exam | Videos | Dept. of Writing and Linguistics | GSU | Links
This page is maintained by the Georgia
Southern University Writing Center
Please send comments and corrections to the webmaster.
This page last updated on 1/15/03