Homonyms Worksheet 3 Key
1. The trouble in the Middle East has had a serious (affect, effect) on the price of oil all over the world.
2. The (brakes, breaks) on my car don’t work properly.
3. The (principal, principle) of our high school gave an interesting lecture on the (principal, principle) causes of failure and another on the (principals, principles) of science.
4. (There, their) are several jobs available in the public schools of Bulloch County because several teachers have lost (there, their) jobs.
5. The committee cast (its, it’s) vote in favor of the new law.
6. President Bush’s threats have had little (affect, effect) on Hussein.
7. As I was driving to school today, I realized that I was (to, too) tired to see clearly.
8. If you go to the movies, I want to go (to, too).
9. Some young people even (sale, sell) their mothers’ jewelry to buy drugs.
10. (Loosing, Losing) patience, Mary screamed obscenities at the other driver.
11. Failure to attend class regularly can adversely (affect, effect) a student’s grade.
12. I couldn’t (hear, here) a word he said, so I shouted, “Come over (hear, here) beside me!”
Home | Handouts
and Worksheets | Writing
Advice | Bibliography Formats |
Regents Exam | Videos | Dept. of Writing and Linguistics | GSU | Links | E-mail Us!
This page is maintained by the Georgia
Southern University Writing Center
Please send comments and corrections to the webmaster.
This page last updated on 3/07/03.