Project SGNECO: South Georgia Network to End Childhood Obesity
Awarded in 2013, the South Georgia Network to End Childhood Obesity (SGNECO) will form a new network focused on childhood obesity prevention in 16 rural South Georgia counties.
The network will be comprised of representatives from:
- Georgia Southern University’s Rural Health Research Institute
- Mercer University’s Center for Rural Health and Health Disparities
- The Southeast Health District
- The State Office of Rural Health
The RHRI will spend the grant year:
- Creating by-laws for the network.
- Conducting community needs assessments for the 16 county target region.
- Completing a multi-year strategic plan.
Last updated: 9/26/2014