Woodwind Chamber Ensembles
The Georgia Southern University Clarinet Quartet, under the direction of Dr. Linda A. Cionitti, performs several times a year on campus, at area public schools, and throughout the state. The ensemble has performed at the Vandoren/Buffet Clarinet Choir Festival in Atlanta and the Georgia Music Educators’ Convention in Savannah and was selected to present a concert in conjunction with the Savannah Music Festival.
The Georgia Southern University Flute Choir.
Southern Saxophones, the Georgia Southern University saxophone ensemble, is active on-campus and throughout southeast Georgia. Since its inception in 1999, Southern Saxophones has performed for ArtsFest, Winds at Southern, Earth Day, the Better Breathers Association, Scholar’s Day, Downtown Statesboro’s F1rst Friday, and the Georgia Music Educators Association in-service Conference.
Night of Wild Sax is Southern Saxophones’ annual concert of saxophone chamber music featuring saxophone ensembles from duos through the full 12-member ensemble.
Since 1997, the saxophone studio has hosted:
- Dr. Eugene Rousseau – University of Minnesota
- The Zagreb Saxophone Quartet – Zagreb, Croatia
- Dr. Steven Mauk – Ithaca College
- Mr. Curt Altarac – Music Medic
- Dr. Otis Murphy – Indiana University
- Dr. Steven Stuesk – University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Dr. Julia Nolan, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Stacy Maugans – Valparaiso University
- Dr. Thomas Walsh and the Indiana Jazz Quintet – Indiana University
- Dr. George Weremchuk – University of Central Florida
- Master Chief James Rodak – United States Naval Academy
- Dr. Scott Turpen – Mercer University
- Dr. Randall Reese – Armstrong Atlantic State University