Certificate Only Program
Students who wish to obtain the Certificate in Public History need not be enrolled in the M.A. in History program but still must apply and be admitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
Admission Requirements are the same as for the M.A. in History program, with the following exceptions:
- Students applying only for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Public History program are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Three years of history-related professional work experience may substitute for the prerequisite requirement of 15 undergraduate semester hours (or quarter-system equivalent) of history (at least 12 hours at the upper-division level).
Required Certificate Courses (15 hours):
- HIST 6631 Advanced Topics in Public History (3)
- HIST 7651 Seminar in Public History (3)
- HIST 7661 Museum Studies (3)
- HIST 7791 Graduate Internship in History (3)
- HIST 7990 Non-Thesis Project in History (3)
- Oral Defense
Last updated: 11/16/2016