Foreign Language Minor in Chinese


  • CHIN 1001* and CHIN 1002*
  • CHIN 2001* and CHIN 2002*

Minor Requirements:

  • 15 hours of upper-division Chinese courses 

Students must earn a minimum of “C” in each Chinese course

*Note: You may place out of CHIN 1001, 1002, 1060, 2001, 2002, or 2060 and still get credit for them. If you have taken Chinese previously, you should attempt to take the course that best fits your current abilities—you do not need to and should not start in 1001, if you don’t need to. If you take a higher course and receive a C or better, you may petition to get credit for the lower courses through Proficiency by Examination. Please talk to the Department of Foreign Languages staff for more information.


Last updated: 3/7/2014

Department of Foreign Languages • PO Box 8081 • Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5281 • Fax (912) 478-0652