Master of Arts in Teaching Spanish
In addition to the requirements for the MA, the MAT requires the following:
- Have transcript evaluated by the College of Education’s Director of Advisement and Certification and complete prerequisite content course work.
- Pass the GACE Basic Skills Assessment or acceptable scores on SAT, ACT, or GRE.
- Pass the Spanish GACE Content.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
- If an applicant was previously enrolled in an initial teacher preparation program, an interview must be completed with the Program Coordinator prior to admission to the program.
Program of Study
Candidates for the M.A.T. in Spanish must complete a total of 36 hours of graduate-level course work in the following areas:
- Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Education courses
- Student teaching/internship
OTHER PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Field experience hours
- Key Assessments
- EdTPA Assessment for Certification
For additional requirements, please consult with MAT Program Director, Dr. Marcela Ruiz-Funes.
For more information and to apply visit the College Of Graduate Studies’ website.
Last updated: 2/25/2016