- Prerequisite: GRMN 2002 or equivalent
- Elementary and Intermediate German courses (GRMN 1001, 1002, 1060, 2001, 2002, 2060, 2535 [“German Literature in Translation”]) do not count toward the minor.
- Upper Division Courses (3000 and 4000 level) (15 hours)
- Three of these hours must be taken at Georgia Southern.
- At least one 4000 level course is strongly recommended.
- A grade of “C” or better must be made in every German course to be counted for the minor.
- The above means that you need to take five upper-division courses in German (each at three credit hours = 15 hours).
- If you take only one upper-level German class every semester you can be finished in five semesters (5×3=15).
- Without any prior German (= starting with GRMN 1001) you can complete a minor within four years by doubling up once (taking three upper-level courses over two semesters).
- There is a limited number of upper-division courses offered each semester (typically, three: two at the 3000 level and one at the 4000 level.) There are no on-campus German courses offered during summer terms. Two 3000-level courses are the prerequisite for 4000-level courses.
- Make sure to account for these aspects in your planning. We suggest to consult with your advisor and a German faculty member as soon as possible.
Last updated: 2/10/2016