Why Study Spanish?
- Spanish, after English, is the second most spoken language in the U.S.
- Spanish, after Chinese, is the second most spoken language in the world.
- According to the Census Bureau, Hispanics now represent the nation’s largest minority.
- Spoken by 352+ million people, Spanish is the official language of 20 countries.
- It is crucial to employ Spanish-speaking individuals to compete in the international market place.
- Spanish has a rich tradition in the U.S. dating back even earlier than the first English settlements.
For more information on foreign-language careers click here.
Last updated: 5/28/2013