Auditions – Drum Line and Front Ensemble
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING FOR THE GEORGIA SOUTHERN DRUM LINE, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM:
Date: April 29, 2017
Location: Foy Building, Georgia Southern University
BATTERY MATERIALS: CLICK HERE
FRONT ENSEMBLE MATERIALS: CLICK HERE
- Meeting in the Foy Building. Pick up individual audition music. Please make sure you have registered before the 9:00AM meeting.
- Individual auditions begin in the Foy Building.
- Technique workshop begins – various locations around the Foy Building.
- Approximate conclusion of auditions.
- After a brief meeting, participants will be issued music for the individual auditions. You may enter and play as soon as you are ready.
- Break for lunch.
- The technique workshop will begin at 2:00PM. Participants will report to their area of interest (snare, tenors, etc.) as assigned after individual auditions. Each section will concentrate on warm-up material as well as technique and execution style.
What to Bring:
- Each participant should bring their own appropriate sticks or mallets. Bass Drum mallets will be provided.
- Instruments will be provided for the audition, but for your own personal preparation, a practice pad would be helpful.
NOTE: The Southern Pride Marching Band Snare Line uses traditional grip. Tenor drums are sextets.
Last updated: 3/21/2017