Download the Artist Market Prospectus.
FESTIVAL INFORMATION: ARTSFEST features the visual, performing, literary, and musical arts. Held each spring, the event, now in its 29thh year, is known throughout the region for its variety of arts activities, especially the ARTIST’S MARKET!
Location: ARTSFEST will be held at Sweetheart Circle on Georgia Southern University’s campus in Statesboro, GA – which is 40 minutes from Savannah.
Eligibility: U.S. Artists age 18 and over that are able to demonstrate their fine art/crafts at their booth are eligible to participate. All media are welcome including fine craft. All art/craft must be the original work of the Applicant.
Booth Space: All accepted Artists will be provided with a 10’x10’ space for the demonstration and display of their art/crafts. Artists must provide tent (if desired), all supplies and tools, as well as any other needs for the display and demonstration of their art/craft. Two tables and two chairs per booth will be provided. Water and electricity are not readily available but will be provided on a first come basis. Applicants must notify the ARTSFEST Committee of any special needs in the written description section of the ARTSFEST Visual Artist’s Application.
Questions: Stephanie Neal, ARTSFEST Director firstname.lastname@example.org | 912.GSU.ARTS
For more information and copies of forms:
BOOTH FEE: $25
Festival shirts and lunches may be purchased at $5 each. Please indicate this request on your application for additional t-shirts and/or lunches.
Send completed ARTSFEST Artist’s Market Application:
- 3 images of art /crafts (300 dpi)
- 1 image of booth (if available)
- A brief description of art/crafts demonstration (included in ARTSFEST Artist’s Market Application)
- Supporting materials for publicity and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to:
Stephanie Neal, ARTSFEST Director
Georgia Southern University
PO Box 8032, Department of Art
Statesboro, GA 30460
Applications and materials must be received by Friday, March 4, 2011. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Application materials including images of art/craft may be used for promotional purposes.
Slides, Photographs, & Digital Images Welcome! Slides, photographs, and digital images must bear the name of the artist and the medium of the art/craft. Please indicate top of slides and use 2×2 plastic or paper mounts only. No Glass Slides will be accepted. Applications containing poor quality or unreadable slides, photographs, or digital images will be automatically rejected. Digital images must be submitted on CD in JPEG format. Slides, photographs, and CDs from all applicants will be returned if a SASE was included. Slides, photographs, and CDs submitted without SASE will not be returned.
- All art/craft sold at ARTSFEST must be the original work of Officially Accepted Artist, no mass produced good will be allowed.
- Booth space will be assigned on a first come/first serve basis, according to date of postmark found on each accepted application.
- All booths must be set up and operating by 11am Saturday, April 2nd.
- Artists must be present at their booths and hold demonstrations from 11 am until 5 pm.
- Artists are responsible for removing all trash from their booth and all materials at the end of ARTSFEST.
- ARTSFEST will be moved to indoor rain site in case of inclement weather. This determination will be made in the early morning, prior to set-up at 8am.
- Artists shall display all work at their own risk. The ARTSFEST Committee, Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art, and Georgia Southern University are not responsible for damage, loss, or theft of art/craft work, booths, tools, or any other property of Artists.
- Artists will pay sales and other taxes, as required by government authorities.
- Installations and activities not meeting the ARTSFEST criteria or not previously described in the application are prohibited and will be removed.
- The ARTSFEST Committee may prohibit the conduct of any activity it deems not in the best interest of ARTSFEST.
- Artists will do everything within their power to ensure the safety of ARTSFEST participants while they are at Artist’s booth and during Artist’s demonstrations.