Academic Advisors are committed to:
- Effectively communicating the degree curriculum, academic policies, and graduation requirements
- Providing students with available campus resources
- Guiding and supporting students in developing clear and attainable educational plans
- Monitoring and accurately documenting students progress toward meeting their goals
- Encouraging use of campus resources
Students are responsible for:
- Checking their Georgia Southern email daily
- Scheduling their advisement appointment early
- Making sure they schedule an appointment they can keep
- Coming prepared to their appointment (bringing their Eagle ID)
- Being an active learner, asking questions
- Keeping a personal record of their degree progress
- Understanding their degree requirements and four-year plan of study
- Utilizing campus resources
- Understanding Georgia Southern’s Academic Standing Policy
How do I schedule an Advising Appointment?
- Instructions on how to make an appointment: GradesFirst
- Unable to schedule an appointment? Contact the CLASS Advisement Center at 912-478-7740.
Where do I get Advised?
1. BRANNEN HALL
4. NEWTON BUILDING
Literature & Philosophy
Writing & Linguistics
2. SAMFORD HALL
5. FOREST DRIVE BUILDING
|3. CARROLL BUILDING
CLASS Advisement Center
Sociology & Anthropology
|6. FOY BUILDING
*For Career Services, visit the Williams Center (near the Russell Union, #7 on the map above).
How do I change my Major and/or Declare a Minor?
To change your major, log-in to your MyGeorgiaSouthern account. Once logged in, look in the middle column for a box that reads “Change Your Major/Minor.” Follow the prompts to begin the change of major and/or minor process.
Note: Before changing your major, you are highly encouraged to:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss your interest in changing your major/minor.
- Make an appointment with Donna Lowe, Career Development Specialist for CLASS to explore major/career options. Contact info: email@example.com; 912-478-5197
To schedule an appointment with Donna:
- Go to Eagle Career Net: http://bit.ly/eaglecareernet
- Student Login: Use your MyGeorgiaSouthern login information
- In the right column under Career Tools and Advising select “Request an Appointment”
- Make appointment selections
- Important step: Select appointment length (30 or 60 minutes) and the calendar will appear
**Please note that changing your major may require you to take additional courses, possibly delaying your graduation date.
When do I register for classes?
Students can check their registration time in MyGeorgiaSouthern. This will tell you exactly when you may start registering for the next term. In order to check this you will need to do the following:
- Log into MyGeorgiaSouthern and select WINGS.
- Select Student Records, then Registration.
- Select Term and click Submit.
- Select Check your Registration Status.
- This will show you detailed information about your Registration Status including the dates and times you may register.
Last updated: 2/5/2015