Fall 2016 Advisement Underway
College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences (CLASS) Advisors are now seeing students for Fall 2016 advising appointments. All students should have received an email with instructions on how to make appointments with their advisor using the GradesFirst system. If you are experiencing trouble or need further instruction on using GradesFirst, please click here for a visual guide on how to make an appointment.
Advisors are often asked, “Why is it so important to be advised early?” Well, let’s explore some of those reasons:
- Registration begins as early as March 21. Depending on your classification (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior), registration dates will vary. You can check your exact registration date and time by looking on your WINGS account.
- Classes will fill up! All students will be able to register by November 8. The later you wait to register after this date, the less-likely you are to get the schedule that you want.
- You cannot register without your RAN, and advisors cannot provide your RAN without you having been advised. While we understand that students are very busy during the semester, it must be a priority to make an advisement appointment and receive your RAN. Appointments typically last no more than 30 minutes.
- Think numbers. Advisors may have anywhere from 200 to 400 students who they must see for advising appointments. If you wait to make an appointment, it is likely that you will have difficulty scheduling an appointment.
- Get your questions answered early! You may find that you have some questions about the courses you are currently enrolled in, withdrawing, or even classes for the summer. The sooner you get in to see your advisor, the sooner you can have the answers you need!
Schedule your advisement appointment today using the GradesFirst system! If you have questions or concerns, please contact your advisor or the CLASS Advisement Center at (912) 478-7740.
Posted in Advisors, CLASS Advisement Center